The BusBot attendants are all trained Busways bus drivers. Each attendant has been provided with additional training for the purpose of this trial and are local to the Coffs Harbour area. Each one has the skills and knowledge to safely provide the BusBot service for the thousands of locals and tourists that will ride on it.
The attendants are responsible for ensuring passengers are behaving safely and responsibly during each trip and have a number of duties including:
- Performing a safety check before commencing the service
- Confirming the start of trip before each trip begins
- Monitoring the vehicle’s performance to ensure the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users
- Ensuring passengers are being safe during each trip
- Providing information and assistance to passengers and members of the public as needed
During each trip, the attendant is required to stand near the manual override and emergency stop buttons while monitoring the vehicle’s movements.